If you have a Daikin Brisbane air conditioner, then you probably want to know how to make it la...
After buying your air conditioning unit, the next most important thing to prepare for is the split air conditioner installation process.
While the professionals will be responsible for your split system air conditioner installation, you still need to consider some important factors to maximise the benefits of your unit and make the split aircon installation process run smoothly.
Factors that Need to be Considered for Split Air Conditioner Installation
As a home or business owner, you play an important role in preparing your space for split air conditioner installation by ticking these factors off your list.
The Location of Indoor and Outdoor Units
It’s important to decide where to put your indoor and outdoor units before the split air conditioner installation technicians arrives at your home. The indoor unit should ideally be located where the air can be distributed thoroughly and without any distractions. It should also be wall mounted at least 8-10 feet from the floor but accessible enough for easy cleaning and maintenance. If the split air conditioner installation is in a bedroom, it’s advisable to mount it above the bed to enjoy the unit’s maximum cooling effect. If the split aircon installation is going above a window, it should be symmetrical to that window to make it look cohesive with the rest of the space.
For the outdoor unit, it’s best to have the split air conditioner installation in an open space like the terrace where air can flow freely over the compressor and condenser. If that’s not an option, choose an external wall sturdy enough to hold the outdoor unit firmly and still facilitate proper airflow.
The Strength of the Wall
One of the most important things to take note before split air conditioner installation is the strength of the wall where it will be mounted. Since you know your house more than the technicians, it’s best to decide on a wall that is strong enough to hold your indoor unit. Never do a split aircon installation on uneven or false walls to avoid accidents. Aside from safety, you will also save from paying additional split system air conditioner installation cost if it is done right the first time.
The Space Between the Air Conditioner and the Wall
During split air conditioner installation, be cautious about the space between the air conditioning unit and the wall. Ideally, there should be a minimum space of 15 centimetres surrounding the top and sides of the unit to facilitate proper airflow. The same principle should be applied for outdoor unit split air conditioner installation.
The Distance Between Indoor and Outdoor Units
If you want to maximise the cooling capabilities of your air conditioning unit, you have to take note of the proper distance between indoor and outdoor units during split air conditioner installation. Keep the distance between the two as close as possible to facilitate faster flow of your unit’s coolant. The indoor and outdoor units should not be separated by more than 15 metres or cooling will be greatly affected.
For more information on split air conditioner installation, split system air conditioner installation, split system air conditioner installation cost and other things related to air conditioning units, visit https://airconadvisory.com/all-about-split-system-air-conditioner-installation/.
If you’re thinking of getting an AC unit but concerned about your electricity bills – and your carbon footprint – you should seriously consider split system air conditioner installation.
What is a split system air conditioner?
A split system AC, or ductless system, is a cooling solution designed for specific areas in your home or office building. It is a popular choice among many homes and offices for the efficient cooling system it delivers.
Perhaps you only wanted an AC for the bedroom or the nursery. Maybe you only want it in the living room so that you can relax in the midst of the sweltering summer heat. The split system air conditioner helps you cool down only the specific areas you want, and gives you control on how long you want it to run.
As part of split system air conditioner installation, two separate units will be put in place. The indoor unit has an evaporator and a fan, and the outside unit has a compressor and a condenser. The indoor unit blows in the cool air, and the compressor releases the hot air outside.
Reverse cycle split system air conditioner installation can also ensure you remain warm during winter.
What are the advantages of split system air conditioner installation?
Split system air conditioner installation has some specific advantages.
- It offers flexibility: When you want to cool individual rooms but not the whole house or building, installing a split system AC is the best solution. You can run multiple air conditioners on one compressor, and you get to control the temperature for each room. It also allows you to cool as few or as many rooms as you like.
- It is easy to install: A split AC only needs a three-inch hole for the pipe that links the internal unit to the external unit. Window AC’s need an opening bigger than the unit itself and ducted air conditioning requires more labour to install the system.
- Provides maximum comfort: A ductless AC is generally quieter than a window AC. It is the perfect AC to use in bedrooms because it functions quietly, thanks to the installation of the noisy parts in the external unit located outside. So you can’t hear any noise coming out of the unit.
- Cost Saver: The upfront cost for split system air conditioner installation is cheaper when you compare it to ducted air conditioner systems. A split AC also blows air directly into the room so no energy is lost. It also cools a room faster, and since you get full control of the temperature, you can decide when you stop the cooling process or when to continue.
- Lower carbon footprint: We want to be comfortable but not at the expense of our environment. Since more businesses and homes prefer split air conditioners, it generally gets more time in research and development. Split systems today use an environmentally friendly refrigerant, thus lowering your carbon footprint.
When you want consistent and maximum comfort using an energy efficient system, split system air conditioner installation is your best choice.
Find out more from the split system air conditioner installation experts, the Air Conditioning Advisory Centre. Contact Us today!
Contact Air Conditioner Advisory Centre
Contact Air Condtioner Advistory Centre Today for a obligations free quote, call us (07) 3285 7944 or simply fill in the form below